Moves with major publishers are made ahead of the anticipated worldwide launch of the GlobalComix App on iOS and Android phones and tablets!
Just in time for the launch of the upcoming flagship app, GlobalComix welcomes many of the biggest publishers in comics today as new additions to their ever-expanding community and catalog; including celebrated publishers Image Comics, BOOM! Studios, Archie Comics, TOKYOPOP, NBM Graphic Novels, “And…Action!” Entertainment, and more!
The GlobalComix App for iOS and Android will feature:
○ Over 40k+ books in catalog with 25k+ more in pipeline and growing
○ In-App subscription purchase with worldwide access
○ Catalogs from top publishers, indie and webcomic creators
○ Curated recommendations for hundreds of new series, weekly
○ Opt-in to follow creators & publishers for new release notifications
○ Fully searchable personal library collection with reading status filters
○ Filter searches by type, format, genre, theme, art style, language, paywall, and other meaningful facets
○ Comment, react, and share your favorite stories with friends and community alike
“I have waited for this moment for years!” said Christopher Carter, CEO of GlobalComix. “Not only are we finally about to change the landscape of digital comics publishing entirely, but we are also fortunate enough to do it together with a vibrant community of creators from both popular web and indie comics; and also many of the most venerable and well respected publishers in the entire world [of comics]. We will be bringing more comics to even more readers, worldwide, and doing so in a fiscally accessible way. With this, we’re paving the way for a vibrant and thriving ecosystem in which creators and publishers can make a sustainable living, doing exactly what they love, and that is one of the major reasons for why we’re doing what we do.”
Previously, GlobalComix partnered with publishers TKO Studios, Bad Egg Publishing, InterPop, Papercutz, Valiant Entertainment, Top Cow, Source Point Press, TPub Comics, Mad Cave Studios, and Humanoids. Since January 2023, the platform has seen a 50% increase in user signups and over 5,000 new books published; which includes PDF downloads and exclusive content partnerships.
The continued support from a vibrant community of creators and followers ensures the sustainability and quality of GlobalComix, its partners, and the overall stance in the direct market.
The GlobalComix App will be available for first impressions at the end of the first quarter 2023. Demos will be available at C2E2, McCormick Place in Chicago, IL (Mar 31 – Apr. 2).